Friday, June 20, 2008

Blessings





Every morning I get up and look out my windows. My back yard is a field, full of numerous wild flowers and tall grasses. All sorts of beautiful birds greet me at the window. Depending on the season, different creatures come to greet me. During the cold winter, I can see hoof prints in the snow under the apple tree where deer had been munching before I awoke. In the early spring, beautiful bluebirds flutter around my fence posts, looking for a morning snack. Early summer brings goldfinches, bluebirds, and baby starlings, waiting for mommas to feed them - even a wild turkey or two will wander up the winding path to the shade of the birch trees, eating flowers along the way as she goes. In the fall, most of them come and say good bye before flying off to the south or heading for the deep woods to stay until spring comes again, occasionally coming out for a meal at the feeders when they can't find one on their own. I love to watch them all. It is truly amazing to me how God has designed our world; I enjoy it every day and thank Him for such a wonderful blessing as the beauty of creation. I pray that I never fail to appreciate how God has blessed me so richly in all of this - how he has blessed us all.


To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven... Ecclesiastes 3:1

1 comment:

Cindi said...

what great pics and what a great reminder for us all to slow down and see all Gods blessings.
:)