Thursday, May 8, 2008

Don't Wait








Do you ever think "Oh, I should do....?" and then you DON'T? I'm sure I'm not alone in type of behavior. We always think we will have another opportunity, another day, year, 10 years... But do we? Sometimes opportunities only come around that one time, and then they are gone; the chance to do (you fill in the blank) might not come again. Too many times I have thought about doing something instead of actually just doing something- and then the chance is gone. One April morning, I woke up to find several inches of newly fallen snow. More than once, I have thought about going out in the cold and taking some photos, before people get out and mess up the beauty of God's handiwork-and then didn't. Well, this particular morning I did get out and take some photos and enjoy the magnificence of God's creation, if only for a few minutes. I have enjoyed those few minutes over and over each time I think about that morning. So, each day, whether it's shooting a photo, mailing a card, hugging a child, or smiling at a stranger, take these opportunities and DO something: You won't ever be sorry you did.

3 comments:

Cindi said...

very wise words Tracey!! and awesome photo, too
:)

Cindi said...

Tracey..I love these photos..thats close up the bird all puffed up is awesome!!
:)

shadoob said...

beautiful pcitures and bold, true heart touching words of advice...youa re a wise woman.
~Cheryl/Shadoob from the Shack